Monday, February 13, 2006

Olympic Update

No pictures today. Yes, I suck. ;)

I had a really busy weekend, but I knew that my weekends would be fullish when I picked a project, so I'm not worried. I knitted the first toe of my Lolita socks this Sunday, in fact, and discovered last night that the foot (which looked a bit big) was in fact ginormous. I then checked the gauge and realized that I'd made a Stupid Mistake.

I'd worked trained diligently to get my proper gauge of 4 stitches to the inch. What I didn't realize was that when the pattern SAID 20 sts/4 inches, I read that as 'oh, four stitches per inch' for no other reason than I'm on crack and apparently need more sleep. The more mathematically inclined will note that 20 sts/4 inches really corresponds to 5 stitches per inch. At least when I was sampling needle sizes I DID find one that was 5 sts/inch. So, I'm going to rip out my footie and try again... hence, no pictures. (le sigh)

Look at the upshot... I DID do my first figure 8 cast on yesterday. Twice even. Now I get to practice it one more time, with feeling. ;) Oh well, more practice won't hurt.

Maybe pictures tomorrow? ;) We'll see.

No comments: